Tuesday, April 17, 2012







Living Rooms of the Rich and Famous by Dominique Nabokov


This legendary photographer who was once married to the famous composer Nicolas Nabokov had only started taking pictures after he died in 1978 because she needed the money. Amongst plenty other interesting projects she had also done a significant amount of work with Apartamento, my favourite interior magazine. In the late 1990's she was asked to document the living spaces of well known personalities. She explained: 'Magazines like Conde Nast's House and Garden at the time worked with hundreds of lights, added flowers and made everything look the same. By nature I hate to work that way. I decided from the start not to re-arrange anything, had no professional lights. I just had my little camera and a tripod. Once you start moving things around you do so to sell a dream. I was not selling a dream, I was doing a portrait'. Seriously, I think I want to be just like her.
posted by Ronelle via http://mondo-blogo.blogspot.com/2010/07/living-rooms-of-rich-and-famous.html


No comments:

Post a Comment